Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hello Again and PUPPPY!

After a long hiatus, it's fall and I'm back in action! Surprisingly, not a lot has changed since I've left, but I feel like i've changed a lot. I've been constantly relying on the Lord for strength for everything, started my final semester of college, continuing my Internship and coaching high school cheerleading, getting better at the long distance thing (and have drastically improved my relationship with MDW), and have decided to get a puppy!

For those who know me, I have wanted a puppy for a long time. I wanted a yorkie named Walter when I was younger. Now I have found my furry friend and will be going to get her from an animal shelter about an hour away on SATURDAY! Here is the picture that is on the shelter website. Her current name is Magnolia but I plan on changing it to Harper!


She is a 2 month old black lab mix. Needless to say, I am obsessed. MDW was looking online (because I really wanted to get a puppy from the animal shelter, I'm not a purebred snob- I want to adopt an animal in need of a home!) and found her last Sunday. I was sold. I called the animal shelter about an hour away and said I had to have her. Un(fortunately), she had just been spayed that day and was with her momma and her litter at a foster home. FOSTER HOME? I freaked because that sometimes mean the foster will lead to adoption. I tried to sit with this for a day but called and asked the next, and the women assured me she would not be adopted and that I would be able to come pick her up on September 15th at an adoption event at Petsmart. Now I was skeptical about this, but again was reassured that they had put her on reserve for me. 

Some may ask, how can I know I want this dog even if I have never met her. LOOK AT THAT FACE. I wanted a puppy not only because they are cute, but so I can train her to my liking. I want her to be able to run with me and be very active, but also very polite and know commands. Labs are the #1 dog in the world for a reason! They are naturally very sweet, loving and loyal animals. The ladies at the shelter informed me she is a mix, and they don't know exactly what with, but will grow up to 45-60 lbs which is actually small for a lab, which is perfect for me! I don't need a 100-lb dog. They also assured me that her mom has a wonderful temperament and she seems to have inherited the same. I am all ready for her to enter my life, and have spent the past week buying puppy supplies, reading up on crate and house training, and staring at her picture. I can't wait to take pictures and show you all! 

Hope you all are doing wonderfully and I am SO glad fall is almost here. More about my love for fall later this season!




No comments:

Post a Comment