Wednesday, May 2, 2012

MDW

I am a new member of the Long Distance Relationship Club, and I am not a fan.

MDW and I have been dating since August 2005. We have always been less than 20 minutes from each other. If I was ever in need of him, he was there and vice versa. Until 3 weeks ago, when he moved to Dallas.

I knew it would be hard not having him here. He is my best friend in the world, my partner in crime, the other pea in my pod. He is someone I can always rely on, and while that hasn't changed, he is super busy and I haven't been able to talk to him as much as we'd both like.

While the past 3 weeks have been difficult (excruciating at times even), I know we will be fine.

I call this our last test. We have been through just about everything you could go through as a couple, and this just completes the list. I am SO optimistic for our future. He is someone I would he honored to share my life with. We both have the same family and life values. We both wanted to live in the South (Check! Well for him, I'll be there in January!) We both are going in the same direction.

Someone I look up to told me that you have to be able to grow with someone. And grow I have. When MDW and I first started dating, I wasn't interested in being tied down, granted I also was 15 at this time. MDW changed this for me over time. It took me a while to warm up to him, but eventually I did and have never lost my love for him. He has made me the person I am today, along with God's help.

He drives me insane sometimes, yes. We are both stubborn and hard headed. We both hate to admit we're wrong. I am impulsive, and he is sensible. We have really had to work on our weaknesses together, and still have a lot of work to do.

But overall, he brings out the best in me. Even now that he isn't in my life daily, I couldn't picture life without him. I look forward to continued growth with him. After this, I feel like there won't be anything we can't do.










I love you MDW, and I'll always be rooting for us. 






1 comment:

  1. I started dating my boyfriend while he lived 3 hours from me, It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but it makes the relationship so much stronger. I love your blog, have a great afternoon!

    ReplyDelete